This is one of my signature recipe, as this soup is seriously amazing.
Proudly speaking, all the guests I served this soup to, were unanimously delighted and impressed by its texture and flavor.
The pumpkin blends very well with all the other ingredients. Chickpeas and tahini are also essential for the thick creamy texture of the soup. They substitute dairies and potatoes, while also giving an unique character to the final dish.
Finally, the sun-dried tomatoes and the fresh ginger add a subtle touch which further enhances the richness of the soup.
The final result is a well balanced and harmonious blend of flavors which will delight and entertain you at the same time.
I hope I managed to convince you to try out this soup at home!
- Preparation time10 Minutes
- Cooking time20 Minutes
- Servingserves 3 people
- Cooking methodStove
- 500 mlvegetable broth
- 500 gpumpkin pulp
- 200 gcanned chickpeas
- 15 gfresh ginger
- 6sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 spoontahini paste
- q.s.extra-virgin olive oil
- q.s.ground smoked paprika
- q.s.fresh parsley
– chop the onion finely and put into a pot;
– now chop the pumpkin pulp into cubes and add it to the onions;
– pour the vegetable stock;
– put the pot onto the stove on medium heat and bring to boil;
– after 15 minutes, add the sun dried tomatoes and mix well;
– wait another 5 minutes, then add the tahini and fresh ginger;
– cook for another 5 minutes (pumpkin should be cooked by then) then remove the pan from the stove;
– add the boiled chickpeas (drained from their cooking liquid);
– blend everything together with an immersion blender;
– serve topped with some ground sweet paprika, fresh parsley and few extra virgin olive oil;